Monday, August 3, 2009

Aug 09

Rainy day in Speightstown, Barbados

Peter lives south of here in a place called Paynes Bay. Just last week I rode the coastal bus to Speightstown to wander these streets, visit galleries and have a great lunch on the beach. Yes, on a covered patio because the rains were as heavy as they were short. I spent a great time in Barbados with my grandsons and Peter and his friends. I met an artist named Bill Grace. It was a gallery with his work that helped attract me to Speightstown. Go here to see why: http://www.billgraceart.com

I could do a whole 5 years of calendars with the orchid pix I took. I'll include some of them another time. This time I want you to enjoy a quiet day knowing the rain will cool you off and leave the world full of quiet reflections and the possibilities of distant horizons.